Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SWAYZE

So my fiancee was just watching the Patrick Swayze interview with Barbara Walters just before, and I caught her crying at the end of it. Of course, my initial jaded instinct was to roll my eyes and call corn, especially when you know Babs is on the other end of the camera baiting the fuck out of him and his wife to cry. It's almost cruel. The poor man is dying. But a few seconds later, that feeling subsided and I was getting a little "misty" right alongside my sad-faced baby girl.

C'mon, you can never forgive him for that bleeding heart piece of shit your chick makes you sit through every now and again (probably much more now than again given the circumstances of his brave fight with Pancreatic Cancer), Ghost. However, you gotta feel a little choked-up seeing someone you grew up seeing in movies for so many years whither away like that.

Anyway, as a tribute to Swayze, I found this great homemade video some cat edited, taking clips from the Patrick Swayze-Keanu Reeves crime surf masterpiece of 1991 Point Break and setting it to the tune of Ratt's "Nobody Rides For Free".

And make sure to watch Swayze's new TV show, The Beast, on A&E.

No comments: